BMW was expanding the paint shop north building, adding an IPP4 paint line.
BMW requested additional paint systems to increase their color pallet for a new SoWu (Special Wish Colors) & clearcoat matte program being introduced to the BMW X model vehicles in Spartanburg, SC.
During the pre-engineering portion of the SoWu project, Complete Automation worked hand in hand with the BMW team to provide alternative solutions to stay in project budgets while providing a turn-key solution to meet the BMW standards.
Due to mix room/space requirements, Complete Automation re-engineered the existing paint shop north IPP3 main high runner systems to function on the new IPP4 paint line.
Complete Automation provided piggable systems for the SoWu (special wish color) program to allow the BMW team to paint customer requested one-off colors while not having to utilize a tank system.
From engineering, fabrication to field installation Complete Automation provided a turn-key solution.
• (29) Modify Basecoat Systems to Go To IPP3 / IPP4 Paint Lines
• (5) New SoWu MPP Piggable Systems – (3) For IPP1 & (2) For IPP4
• (1) New SoWu IPS Piggable Systems for IPP4
• (1) Retrofit / Relocate Existing IPS Piggable System From PSS to IPP4
• (2) New Clearcoat Resign Systems W/ Tote Transfer System
• (2) New Clearcoat Catalyst Systems W/ Tote Transfer System
• (6) New Agitation Stations
• (1) New Solvent-borne Bulk Waste Collection Unit
Contact us to discuss your upcoming project. Our sales is here to talk about how Complete Automation can be of value.Contact Us